![]() |
| Minggoy (Photo by fjacinto) |
I often had scratches, cuts and wounds from being willfully attacked by its fangs and wolverine paws but I could hardly resist the temptation to caress the pet.
But something happened so that it changed behavior 360-degrees and I was treated like a bro.
Once I was home, it sprang up to run towards me and caress its head on my ankle.
One time, two of its front paws even stepped on a platform to be able to bump its head gently on my forehead as I bowed to untie my shoelaces.
The feline harsh-to-gentle transformation came after I saved it from strangulation.
It had a collar strapped on its neck that was entangled on to a window grill so that Minggoy was dangling, meowing and struggling for life.
Nobody in the family tried to help it out, lest it bit them.
Out of compassion but amid fear of being bitten, I rushed to rescue it by cutting the collar off.
Minggoy was so grateful after that; and I cannot fathom the thought that a savage cat was capable of returning goodness to whoever did it good.
Note: This was written years ago and Minggoy that died in its old age is one of the few memorable cats that I had ever encountered. -Author

No comments:
Post a Comment