Friday, April 15, 2022

Three experiences: Lucid dreaming or seeing through spiritual eyes during sleep?

Dream, according to Merriam-Webster, is a series of thoughts, visions, or feelings that happen during sleep. Lucid dreaming, on the other hand, is dreaming in such a way that "the dreamers are aware that they are dreaming." In my case, I have this sort of a situation where I "see" in my sleeping state my actual physical surroundings in conjunction with the reality happening in the spiritual plane. Those situations cannot be called dreams per se or, although I was aware of the whole proceedings going on, lucid dreaming. Those are "seeing" not with the physical but spiritual eyes in my dormant state. To illustrate, I have three situations of this experience.

In 2014 when I happened to sleep the night out at the park of then-Davao Medical Center, I "saw" myself on the ground sleeping with my left knee raised and my right leg in flat position. A white appearance of someone I know came to approach me and bent down to touch my raised left knee. As soon as he touched my knee, coldness spread throughout my whole body so that I woke up; and I woke up according to the situation I saw myself in my sleep -- with my left knee still up and feeling the coldness I felt in my dormant state. I no longer saw the apparition in my waking state. This "someone I know" was my companion in my work with the NGO back in 1992. Because the presence was white and hazy, I had a feeling it was his soul. He might be already dead! Days after, I went to their house and asked his brother for the whereabouts of "Favio." To my amazement, his reply was: "Gikan mi sa paglubong niya!" (We just came from burying his remains!)

Secondly, I found myself in this situation where I "saw" myself in my sleeping position lying on the lower deck in the pad of a two-story house. It was night and dark -- but I could "see" my hankies dangling from the clothespins and being blown by the wind coming from my electric fan. I was "looking" in that direction when suddenly a white, smoky appearance of a giggling woman came flying into my room through the wall in my right and I followed it with my "eyes" as it went out through the door (still closed) in my left. I woke up with the same situation I "saw" in my sleep -- with my hankies still being blown by the fan. In the morning, I came to hear the news that my neighbor, an old woman, whose residence was situated next to the pad I rented, died in her sleep. Her house was located lower than my room and situated according to the setting I "saw" in my sleep. Could the apparition be her soul as it separated itself from her mortal body at the time of death?

Lastly, this situation happened in my brother's house. I spent the night sleeping in the sofa and my head was so situated that I could see door of the kitchen a bit farther away from me. In that situation, I "saw" a lady in white looking by the window; but, in actuality, there was no window in that location but an enclosure for roosters. It was long before I told my brother about my supernatural experience involving his house. When I came to tell him so, he confessed that the wood used to build the cage for roosters located a bit farther away from where I was sleeping was part and parcel of the window pane of the house that was demolished. The woman, a homebody, who frequented looking from that window, committed suicide! Spiritual eyes are the capacity in us that allows us to perceive (or see) spiritual realities that, in my case, are disguised as and appear to be dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loner but never lonely

I am loner but not lonely. Even though I enjoy the company of others, I see to it I have time for myself time and again. Who would not enjoy...